If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, October 11, 2010

Lat(t)e in Life



I've only been inside a Starbucks once, and that was on my return trip from Bali when Nick and I stopped at Kiama and I thought a cuppa would be nice! Well, it would've been except I went into Starbucks to buy two thimble-sized cups of pure poison masquerading as coffee. It was vile!

Anyway, days later I discovered in the local op-shop the book How Starbucks Saved My Life. The blurb read, "Don't be put off by the title - you don't have to like Starbucks to enjoy this book."

Well, it turned out to be an endearing story — even if some of Michael Gates Gill’s stories are a little far-fetched (he's a shameless name-dropper). His relationships feel real and more complex than many fictional characters that were carefully crafted. At the very least I have learned what to expect if I ever walk into another Starbucks.