If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, October 27, 2011

And the beat goes on


The balcony's new handrails are well on the way but the work had to stop when I discovered that Cameron's Hardware had short-delivered the 90x30mm Design Pine horizontal rails by 54 metres.


While waiting for the timber - they've just phoned to say they are out of stock and cannot deliver until next week - , I got the lofty idea of building a loft inside the horseshed-sans-horses to house my armada of small boats.


Done!


And while the fires were raging to burn off all that Black Wattle, I also knocked together a small jetty for the small pond.


Done!


On Golden Pond - with no Doug McKeon to disturb the tranquillity!


After that Herculean effort, I was just a shadow of my former self ...

For the worn out and rapidly ageing real me, click on image

... and went indoors for dinner and the evening news.



P.S. My Fire Permit requires that " ... at least one person shall be present at the site of the fire from the time it is lit until such time as it is extinguished." Well, the fires kept burning through the night so guess who rolled out his swag and catnapped by the horseshed all night?