If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Like the good little Hun that I am ...


... I have been doing a lot of slashing and burning over the last few days. Unlike the Huns of old who attacked the Roman Empire, I have been targeting Acacia melanoxylon, commonly known as "Black Wattle".


I've so far cleared two acres and will attack the remaining five after a bit of a snooze in the hammock. As for the pillaging and raping ...



P.S. To all you tree-huggers: if left unchecked, the self-seeding and rapidly growing Black Wattle will drive out everything else and leave a wooded desert where nothing grows and nothing lives. Here is a patch I had left unchecked for a couple of seasons:


Another silent killer of biodiversity is Pittosporum undulatum which is also on my hit-list as it is widely spread across the property.