If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bali Buy


Villa Merpati

The stunning views from the infinity pool to infinity

Several Bali trips ago, back in 2009, I stayed for a few days at Villa Agung, whose owners, the American couple Gus & Sandy, introduced me to their friend Derek Hambling.


Gus and his staff at VILLA AGUNG. Yours truly next to Gus

Derek, a very likable Pom, had built for himself and his Sumatran wife a most exquisite property at Kayuputih in the cool hills overlooking Lovina Beach in North Bali. I didn't know it then but I learnt later that Derek had put the place up for sale. It's still for sale - at the bargain price of AUS$660,000!

I've only just discovered that Derek is also renting it out under the name "Villa Merpati" (Indonesian for "dove"). I've left a guest book entry to say that I will rent it next time I come to Bali - if I don't buy it first! ☺

P.S. How are the little ones, Derek? Not so little anymore?

 

(By the way, a South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their blogs with their hand on the mouse. DON'T BOTHER TAKING IT OFF NOW, IT'S TOO LATE!!!)