If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

There and Back! - Part 6

 

I've been back at "Riverbend" since last night and there's nothing like sleeping in my own bed again, with the dogs' backsides pushed up against me (to say nothing of the wife).

My pockets are empty but my head is full of all the things I heard, all the places I've seen, and all the people I've met. When the wife asked me where I'd been, all I could say was what Barry Crump had told his wife when she asked him where he had been after a stint of deerhunting in the South Island, "There and back!"

In fact, I've just started reading his book again to remind myself of how he'd got away with it ☺

Click below for the other parts:

Part 1         Part 2         Part 3         Part 4         Part 5