If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

5438 days to go

 

No, not to Christmas but to all my Christmases. That's according to the above table. Of course, I'm still a few months short of 70 and could slot myself in at 69 and scrounge an extra 292 days but who wants to be that greedy?

I mean, although it wasn't always cricket, I have had some terrific innings. Yes, there was some underarm bowling and ball tampering going on and I got caught out a few times but, although I dropped quite a few, I also had some brilliant catches and, as we all know, it's catches that win matches.

Still, it's a bit of an untidy number, isn't it? Maybe I cut back on coffee and red meat to round it out to an even 5500.

Anyway, I'm off to the pool now for a few laps before my time has elapsed. Talk to you again tomorrow - 5500 minus 1. Memento mori!