If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Raindrops keep falling on my head

 

It's early Tuesday morning and I'm enjoying my first cup of tea. It's no Japanese tea ceremony, just a simple cup of black tea with a spoonful of honey and a dash of lemon juice, but that first cuppa at the first crack of dawn is important to me. The dogs - and the "top-dog" - are still asleep, the house is completely silent, and I can think - or rather, not think but just let my mind wander.

The rain has been falling all night and it still is which means there won't be any "turning grass into lawn" activity today. Some mad fishermen, hooded up in their wet weather gear, are already heading downriver for whatever they're chasing.

I won't be chasing anything but just quietly read a book. If the rain keeps falling - and it looks like it might - , I'll sit in the 'Clubhouse' by the pond which has a corrugated iron roof. There's nothing as soporific as the sound of rain falling on a metal roof.

Zzzzzee you later!