If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, April 20, 2015

Too many (would-be) cooks

The one who did all the cooking sits behind the rice cooker at the back ☺

 

Padma had a 'cook-in' with her Indonesian friends while I've been housebound by the incessant rain. If it weren't for my books, my movies, and the internet, I'd be climbing up the walls. And even the internet sometimes serves up something completely unpleasant - like this obituary.

Captain Dewsnap was my boss in 1978 in Apia in Western Samoa where I assisted him with the formation of the Pacific Forum Line. It seems like it was only yesterday.

There are days when I feel like the last man standing. Today is one of them.