If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Je ne regrette rien

 

Which is French, of course. But then so is eating frogs, cruelty to geese and urinating in the street. Anyway, Edith Piaf sang this song. I regret nothing. What an epitaph!

Sustenance is no longer a struggle for me. Food, clothing, and shelter are no farther away than the back pocket of my trousers. In fact, if I put the money in my shirt pocket, I'd never have to get off my ass again.

And yet there are moments when I have to remind myself of Edith Piaf's song. In French? Ah bien sur, en Francaise.

Mind you, anybody who tells you they have no regrets in life is full shit or has a pharmaceutically addled mind (which is the same thing). We all have regrets; it's what makes us human. The trick is not to dwell on them. I'm still working on that.