If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, December 2, 2016

Talking of a bargain!

Recently a contemporary house in Sproxton Lane with a 20-metre waterfront on a mere 1700 square metres of land sold for $1.7 million. For just an extra $265,000 you can now buy "Riverbend" with a massive two-storey brick house on a massive 30,000 square metres of land with over 300 metres of absolute waterfront to highwater mark. Talking of a bargain!

 

Our prospective buyers are prospective no more - and they're absolutely heart-broken! Their bank simply wouldn't cover them for the missing few hundred thousand despite being well in the money on a first mortgage over "Riverbend".

As she wrote, "It’s a no go! I just don’t know what to say, we are so so sad. We are going to stay here for another two years and get our finances in order. That should get us to Nelligen with money to spare as Nelligen is where we want to live, although I have a feeling you will be gone as will the property. We will find something else but it will never match "Riverbend".

$2m is very cheap compared to what I have seen. Having grown up in Canberra, holidayed and lived in the Bay, and toured most of the towns on the South Coast, there is no place in Australia that has an inlet leading to a big beautiful river like the Clyde. I truly believe you live in the best spot, maybe not on earth but definitely in Australia, and for the life of me - and I keep saying this - I can't understand why your property hasn't already been snapped up!

I realise that in two years’ time the property will have gone. Anyway, we will be moving to Nelligen and every time I pass "Riverbend" by boat I will snarl at the new owners ☺

I don’t like mucking people around and I'm sorry for having wasted your time and I’m sure you will sell soon. I would love to keep in touch with you as I love your stories and the chats. Your friend"

Well, they gave it their best shot. And I've given my real estate advertisement another shot by drawing a comparison to the most recent sale at Sproxton Lane # 27.

Here's the new ad at www.allhomes.com.au.