If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, January 8, 2017

The left-overs from 2016

 

Padma doesn't drink which is another way of saying she doesn't need the liberating influence of alcohol to give me a piece of her mind whether I want it or not.

Which left me with several undrunk bottles of bubbly from New Year's Eve (being in bed by 9 o'clock may have had something to do with it).

To get rid of the stuff, I've taken to sitting on the verandah at lunch-time, holding a champagne glass and my little finger like a charlady at a garden party, and toasting the people on the passing tourist-boat, first on the way up, then on the way down, and in a varying state of (in-)sobriety.

It seems to give both of us our money's worth!