If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Breakfast on the beach

 

On Corrigans Beach, that is, at Corrigans Cove Resort, where we - that is Ivan the Terrible, his wife Sue, the birthday girl Deidre, Padma and I (or me; take your pick) tucked into their 'Breaky Special' to celebrate Deidre's birthday.

I'm now back at "Riverbend" where I've started reading Oliver Sacks' "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat". It's about people who have lost their memories and with them the greater part of their pasts; who are no longer able to recognise people and common objects; whose limbs have become alien; who have been dismissed as retarded yet are gifted with uncanny artistic or mathematical talents; who are stricken with violent tics and grimaces or who shout involuntary obscenities.

Mind you, one morning's exposure to the rest of humanity is quite enough for me these days and another thirty minutes of the Bay's road rage would've got me shouting involuntary obscenities myself.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap