If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 1, 2017

First of May Day

 

This being the first May day, I was reminded of why, due to my German accent, Marine Rescue won't allow me to work in their radio-room. Instead, I'm selling $2-raffle tickets in the main street on Thursday and Friday afternoons.

 

 

I seem to cop them all: the chap who paid me with a $5 note which had the Queen's picture defaced with the felt-tip-penned inscription "SHE'S UN-AUSTRALIAN", and a young couple, covered in tattoos and very little else, who demanded their 'lucky' ticket number of 69 !

There are times when I get that thinking feeling myself!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap