If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, July 31, 2017

Books, glorious books

 

Just in case you thought that my dash into town was all about fruit and veggies - not to mention chicken tikka masala - , let me remind you that man shall not live by bread alone. My diet includes books, and I've supported our new bookshop, "The Good Reader", by giving my VISA-card a good work-out with these:

Michael Lewis' BOOMerang which is all about the greed of nations and how it came back to bite them; 'Spell It Out', the curious, enthralling, and extraordinary story of English spelling; 101 curious contemplations on modern life under the title 'My Sunday Best', Don Voorhees' 'The Essential Book of Useless Information - The most unimportant things you'll never need to know', and for those really quiet moments, even though I'm not a Catholic, a slim volume by C.S. Lewis.

It's raining and there's nothing better than a rainy day to get started on a book, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a day or two.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap