If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, July 7, 2017

Fixing aboulomania with the throw of a dice

 

Drove to the Bay to send off my tax return and collect my mail. Good news from the "Deutsche Rentenversicherung" who from the 1st of July increased my German pension from €92.18 to €93.94 a month. Partytime!

However, they also insisted I send in my annual "Lebensbescheinigung", duly attested by the local court, to confirm that I still have a pulse. I may add that little chore to one side of my newly-acquired decision-making-dice which these days comes up far too regularly with "Sleep".

In the meantime I've two new books to keep me from dropping off: Dick Smith's "Population Crisis - The dangers of unsustainable growth for Australia" (did you know that we have the fastest-growing population of any developed nation?) and "How the Irish Saved Civilization - The Untold Story of Ireland's Heroic Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe" (not too much hope this time around, I should think).

The Bay's Coffee Club, Michel's Patisserie, and Donut King were all doing a roaring trade which makes me think that yesterday was 'Pension Day'. It must be tough being unemployed. “Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.”


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap