If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Islamic Republic of Australia

 

If Muslims first arrived in Australia as early as 1800, can they go back to where they came from? Do the Five Pillars of Islam comply with modern building codes? And is Halal a country bordering Shariahland?

I heard - and heard of - comedian and writer Sami Shah for the first time on ABC Radio National's series "The Islamic Republic of Australia" which consists of five parts:

It's a funny and thoughtful discussion of Islam Down Under today which is now also a book, "The Islamic Republic of Australia".   I haven't bought it yet as I've already spent far too much on all that halal certification of my food but give me enough time to finish my halal-certified pork chop and finish my halal-certified bottle of beer and I might just buy a copy.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap