If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, November 17, 2017

Three years ago on this day

Padma's mum and dad at Banjar Hills in Bali in July 2011 - click here

 

Three years ago on this day, Padma's mum finally found her peace. Padma had been by her side, day and night, from the middle of the previous month and, being the oldest child in the family, made all the arrangements for the funeral.






Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.