If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Another toast to the New Year

 

To keep up the momentum, I had another toast to the new year this morning - a raisin one, in fact! - and I shall continue to do so for the rest of the year: eggs on toast, baked beans on toast, spaghetti on toast, or just plain toast, washed down with a hot cup of tea laced with a spoonful of honey and a dash of lemon.

I haven't been outside the gates of "Riverbend" since some time before Christmas, but shall make my first foray into the big bad world outside on Friday when we visit the swimming pool in Ulladulla. Instead of over-eating during the festive season, I have been reading until I was ready to burst, so it's also time again to visit the op-shops for more books.

The "Merinda" tourist boat from the Bay just passed the house, with dozens of passengers leaning over the rails and snapping pictures of "Riverbend". I'm still debating with myself if I should put up a sign, "Photos taken - $1 each", to finance a lifestyle I'm unaccustomed to.

It's time for a cup of tea and a hot-cross bun. Easter can't be far away!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap