If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, February 10, 2018

When you already live in Paradise, do you still need a passport to Heaven?

 

These days walking into Australia Post to buy just postage stamps must be causing quite a stir because they sell pretty much everything else: M&Ms, digital cameras, retro radios, computer games, DVDs and CDs, all kinds of stationery, stationary or otherwise, even passports.

I didn't want to cause a stir and opted for a new passport this morning as my old one had expired on 18 December 2017. Not being in any hurry to travel to Upper Volta or into the Hindu Kush, I was told I could renew it at any time within three years of the old one's expiry date, or at the latest just before 18 December 2020.

By that time I would also be eligible for a five-year passport at half the price - see here. Should I wait until I'm eligible for one with day-to-day validity? I mean, I've already stopped buying green bananas.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap