If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Riverbend is a TV-free zone

 

Fermin isn't my name, not even if you spell it with a 'v', but his is a good idea which I would copy if I still had one of those old big-body TVs. Still, for the next two weeks while Padma is in Melbourne, "Riverbend" is a TV-free zone as I work my way through a stack of still unread books.

Have you ever thought about how weird reading is? Our eyes are able to scan these different symbols and construct in our minds the scenarios and concepts they describe. And these concepts have the power to twist our emotions and make us cry and laugh.

I think reading is one of the most beautiful things in the world.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap